- 4 small onions, peeled, halved, and rubbed with virgin olive oil
- green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 skirt steak (about 2 lb.)
- 8-10 flour tortillas (divide them in half and wrap in
- aluminum foil; warm them on the grill or in the oven)
- Salt and black pepper
Cool fall days are the perfect time for firing up the grill to cook some warm fajitas. Our recipe today could be the base for a family fajita night and it comes from our Fajitas Galore class.
When the coals, grill or indoor grill are hot, place the onions on the grill. After several minutes, push them to the outside and cook the steak on both sides (about ten minutes for medium rare). Remove the meat and onions. Slice the onions; slice the steak against the grain on the diagonal as thinly as possible. Arrange both on a warmed platter and present with the salsa, guacamole, and warmed tortillas on the side. Serves four or five.